One of my first assignments in my “World Spices & Herbs” class was to make a traditional basil pesto. I love pesto and it’s easy to make! Here’s a simple recipe that you can use on pasta, zucchini noodles, chicken, fish, wraps or sandwiches. It’s versatile and a healthy way to add a lot of flavor to a simple meal.
- 3 Tablespoons Olive OIl
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2.5 ounces grated parmesan
- 1 oz pine nuts
- 5 ounces basil (washed and stems removed)
- salt and ground black pepper
- Toast the pine nuts in a small sauté pan until golden brown.
- In a food processor or blender blend basil leaves with garlic, pine nuts, and grated Parmesan
- Slowly add the oil while blending and finish with salt and pepper