I love these little egg muffins! They are perfect to make ahead and freeze for a quick healthy breakfast/snack on the go. The great thing about these is you can put any combination of veggies in them that you like. Color is the key in these muffins- the richer the color the richer the goodness!
- handful of grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1 yellow bell pepper, minced
- handful of spinach chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 lb of chicken italian sausage, diced
- 14 egg whites
- 4 whole eggs
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- Dash of sea salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 12-muffin tin with coconut oil.
- Fill each muffin tin 2/3 full with prepped vegetables.
- Whisk eggs and seasonings in a large bowl.
- Use a 1/3-measuring cup for the egg mixture and pour slowly into each muffin tin. Egg mixture should fill tin the rest of the way. Bake for 30 minutes or until muffins have risen and are slightly browned.
*If you plan to freeze these make sure they cool completely. Then store in a gallon size freezer bag and when you’re ready to serve them thaw out overnight in the refrigerator and warm before eating. Enjoy!