My hubby and I were having friends over for a casual dinner and I wanted to make a simple dessert. I tried a recipe for double chocolate cookies that only take a few minutes to prep and 10 minutes in the oven. Our friends loved them and I’ve made them several times since I couldn’t wait to share this recipe with you! Hope you try them!
- 1 cup thick almond butter (It’s important to use THICK almond butter so the cookies will hold together)
- 1 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼-1/2 cup Chocolate Chips (I use Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together almond butter, egg, coconut sugar and cocoa powder until fully combined.
- The dough will be thick so you may have to mix it all together using your hands…it’s a messy job but it will be worth it!
- Then add the baking soda, salt, vanilla, and chocolate chips and combine until everything is well mixed. The dough should be very thick at this point.
- Using a spoon make dough into even round balls and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Lightly press the cookies down but do not flatten all the way. If they are too think they may come apart when they bake!
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes before removing from baking sheet to place on a cooling rack. If you try to remove these from the baking sheet early, they will come apart so patience is key!